Martha Speaks; My Mother the Dog; Martha's Must-Have
Martha Speaks Master Tape Episode 84 MSPE000504 HD-Base
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- My Mother the Dog; Martha's Must-Have
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
My Mother the Dog Ken Scarborough Inspired by Ronald’s parrot, Martha starts doing impersonations. It turns out her imitation of Helen’s mom is spot-on. But when she starts answering phone calls in Mariella’s voice, she gets a bit more than she bargained for…
Martha’s Must-Have Raye Lankford When Martha finds out that wearing a Courageous Collie Carlo Collar makes people give you food, she has to have one. Ignoring Helen’s claims that the product isn’t as magical as it seems, Martha sets out to earn some cash for the collar.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; My Mother the Dog; Martha's Must-Have,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_647672BE53E04987982EE3E7B8B1836E.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; My Mother the Dog; Martha's Must-Have.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_647672BE53E04987982EE3E7B8B1836E>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; My Mother the Dog; Martha's Must-Have. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_647672BE53E04987982EE3E7B8B1836E