Martha Speaks; Virtually Martha; Martha vs. Robot
MSPE 129 28:46 3/28/09 DB/MR5 Media Operations Center PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Virtually Martha; Martha vs. Robot
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Virtually Martha While playing with Alice's laptop computer, Martha accidentally hits the wrong button and gets zapped inside! Will Helen figure out a way to get her out of there before those marauding video monsters gobble her up?
Vocabulary: (E) deleted, attach, email, folder, file
(I) computer, send, desktop, laptop, icon
Martha vs. Robot Alice's family gets a robotic pet called Dynamo who can do everything a real dog can do and help you with your math homework. Martha decides to show that she's even more perfect than the perfect pet, so Helen won't replace her with a mechanical mutt. If that fails, can she work with Nelson to get rid of Dynamo?
Vocabulary: (E) command, function, manual, mechanical, program
(I) robot, charge, fetch, alive, button
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Virtually Martha; Martha vs. Robot,” 03/28/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_64018ED4285D48EAA7559C47DF65817E.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Virtually Martha; Martha vs. Robot.” 03/28/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_64018ED4285D48EAA7559C47DF65817E>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Virtually Martha; Martha vs. Robot. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_64018ED4285D48EAA7559C47DF65817E