Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Cooking With Our Senses
Simply Ming Singapore - Andre Chiang Cooking With Our Senses
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Cooking With Our Senses
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
923: ANDRE CHIANG & COOKING WITH OUR SENSES Location: Restaurant Andre, Singapore
We have all heard the saying " you eat with your eyes" - well on this week’s episode of SIMPLY MING, Michelin Star Chef Andre Chiang of Singapore’s famous Restaurant Andre, shows us what this really means. Shopping at one of the city’s well-known wet markets, Ming and Andre find inspiration in pristine, fresh ingredients that they use to create two memorable culinary creations.
Recipes: King Prawns with Double Mango Stir Fry Andre Chiang's Needlefish with Citrus Fennel Salad
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Cooking With Our Senses,” 01/17/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_63AC9BA6BA43425E831C8983C51BC695.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Cooking With Our Senses.” 01/17/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_63AC9BA6BA43425E831C8983C51BC695>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Cooking With Our Senses. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_63AC9BA6BA43425E831C8983C51BC695