Ten O'Clock News; Robertson & Jackson exude confidence
David Boeri reports that Pat Robertson, a Republican US Presidential candidate, is confident of success in the Super Tuesday primary elections. Robertson has strong support in the South. His success could threaten the campaigns of candidates in both parties, including Al Gore. Interview with Robertson, who says that he is the only conservative candidate in a position to win. Al Gore and Tipper Gore campaigning. Republican candidate Jack Kemp. Jackson campaigning in New Hampshire. Boeri reports that Jesse Jackson did well in the Iowa caucuses, and expects to do well in the New Hampshire primaries. Interview with Jackson.
- Ten O'Clock News
Robertson & Jackson exude confidence
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1988
- Kemp, Jack
- Jackson, Jesse, 1941-
- African American politicians
- Robertson, Pat
- Gore, Albert, 1948-
- Political campaigns
- News Report
- Boeri, David (Reporter)
- Robertson, Pat (Interviewee)
- Jackson, Jesse, 1941- (Interviewee)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Robertson & Jackson exude confidence,” 02/16/1988, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 13, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_639E44C0A5AF49E6B08D26740CB859CC.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Robertson & Jackson exude confidence.” 02/16/1988. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 13, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_639E44C0A5AF49E6B08D26740CB859CC>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Robertson & Jackson exude confidence. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_639E44C0A5AF49E6B08D26740CB859CC