Ten O'Clock News; Edward King victory speech
Edward King gives victory speech at Park Plaza Hotel after winning gubernatorial election. He thanks the community and introduces his family.
- Ten O'Clock News
Edward King victory speech
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Speeches, addresses, etc.
- King, Edward J., 1925-2006
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- King, Edward J., 1925-2006 (Speaker)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Edward King victory speech,” 11/07/1978, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 24, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6378189D92504A0CA5BCCEAF15D35962.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Edward King victory speech.” 11/07/1978. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 24, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6378189D92504A0CA5BCCEAF15D35962>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Edward King victory speech. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6378189D92504A0CA5BCCEAF15D35962