Arthur; Muffy’s Art Attack; Flea To Be You And Me
Muffy’s Art Attack & Flea To Be You And Me WGBH Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Muffy’s Art Attack; Flea To Be You And Me
- Program Number
808; 809; 114A;114B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
808: Muffy's Art Attack: Arthur Ganson, real-life kinetic sculptor, guest stars in this episode about art appreciation. When Muffy sees Ganson's machines, she brags that she can make even better ones ... until the artist himself shows her that art is beautiful when created out of self-expression, not competition.
809: Flea to Be You and Me: Pal is itching like crazy and the culprit is Pepe, an Italian circus flea. To save himself from being "squeeshed," Pepe enthralls Kate, Pal, and Amigo with the story of his heartbreaking separation from brother Sale -- followed by an incredible journey across four continents!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Muffy’s Art Attack; Flea To Be You And Me,” 10/08/2003, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 22, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6331110EE2FE434DB138B82C0B3CBE74.
- MLA: “Arthur; Muffy’s Art Attack; Flea To Be You And Me.” 10/08/2003. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 22, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6331110EE2FE434DB138B82C0B3CBE74>.
- APA: Arthur; Muffy’s Art Attack; Flea To Be You And Me. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6331110EE2FE434DB138B82C0B3CBE74