Arthur; Muffy’s Art Attack; Tales From The Crib
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Muffy’s Art Attack; Tales From The Crib
- Program Number
808; 114A; 113A
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Muffy’s Art Attack
Arthur Ganson, real-life kinetic sculptor, guest stars in this episode about art appreciation. When Muffy sees Ganson's machines, she brags that she can make even better ones ... until the artist himself shows her that art is beautiful when created out of self-expression, not competition.
Tales From The Crib
Vicita is upset at having to trade in her cherished crib for a big-girl bed, so D.W. shares her story of that same rite of passage. D.W. was also reluctant to make the transition to a bed without bars, but then discovered the joys -- and responsibilities -- of her new-found freedom.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Muffy’s Art Attack; Tales From The Crib,” 10/30/2003, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_630296BDDAB64DE78FAA0E079490E150.
- MLA: “Arthur; Muffy’s Art Attack; Tales From The Crib.” 10/30/2003. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_630296BDDAB64DE78FAA0E079490E150>.
- APA: Arthur; Muffy’s Art Attack; Tales From The Crib. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_630296BDDAB64DE78FAA0E079490E150