Ten O'Clock News; CIA recruitment protest trial
Third day of jury selection for CIA recruitment protest trial of Amy Carter, Abbie Hoffman, and others. David Boeri comments on the media's intense focus on Amy Carter. Court scenes. After the court lets out without having selected a jury, Abbie Hoffman talks to the press about the importance of this trial in revealing the true nature of the Central Intelligence Agency. He also comments that despite his age, he's remaining active in the causes he believes in.
- Ten O'Clock News
CIA recruitment protest trial
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Mass media
- Carter, Amy
- Hoffman, Abbie
- United States. Central Intelligence Agency
- Northampton (Mass.)
- News Report
- Hoffman, Abbie (Interviewee)
- Boeri, David (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; CIA recruitment protest trial,” 04/08/1987, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 11, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_626E225926784812AFF69324A92F36E7.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; CIA recruitment protest trial.” 04/08/1987. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 11, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_626E225926784812AFF69324A92F36E7>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; CIA recruitment protest trial. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_626E225926784812AFF69324A92F36E7