Arthur; Buster's Secret Admirer; Last King of Lambland, The
WGBH Master Buster’s Secret Admirer, 180A The Last King of Lambland, 180B
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Buster's Secret Admirer; Last King of Lambland, The
- Program Number
1503; 180A; 180B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Buster’s Secret Admirer, 180A Buster receives a box of chocolates in the mail from a secret admirer. Could it be Fern? Muffy? Francine?! It’s driving him crazy! Who could possibly like him that much??
Educational objective: Buster learns to solve a mystery by following clues. He also learns to not give up after a series of clues leads him to a dead end.
The Last King of Lambland, 180B James receives a gift from his uncle in Scotland…a toy lamb that will supposedly give its owner the powers of the legendary James the Squinty, leader of the clan MacDoogal-Donal’s! Will this new-found power go straight to James’ head?
Educational objective: James learns that he shouldn’t let power alter the way he treats others.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Buster's Secret Admirer; Last King of Lambland, The,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 16, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6252DBBB57E445DD9F73071CBC8F96EA.
- MLA: “Arthur; Buster's Secret Admirer; Last King of Lambland, The.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 16, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6252DBBB57E445DD9F73071CBC8F96EA>.
- APA: Arthur; Buster's Secret Admirer; Last King of Lambland, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_6252DBBB57E445DD9F73071CBC8F96EA