Evening at Pops; Nell Carter
DOLBY A STEREO
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Nell Carter
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Nell Carter and the Abyssinian Baptist Church Choir. Tony Award-winner Nell Carter of "Ain't Misbehavin'" joins the Boston Pops Orchetra for a special gospel evening that includes "This Little Light of Min," "Amazing Grace" and "The Epistle." The Pops Orchestra round out the evening with the Overture to "Candide." Carter also sings a medley from "Ain't Misbehavin'."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Nell Carter,” 06/10/1982, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_61AB9BC10BAB47C0B1F8AA12593257EF.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Nell Carter.” 06/10/1982. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_61AB9BC10BAB47C0B1F8AA12593257EF>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Nell Carter. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_61AB9BC10BAB47C0B1F8AA12593257EF