Peep And The Big Wide World; Duck's Tale, A; Quack's Tracks
includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Duck's Tale, A; Quack's Tracks
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Rebroadcast as Program 202 A Duck's Tale After meeting a skunk for the very first time, Quack discovers a surprising flaw in duck design.
Interstitial: The kids are playing a game. They can't see the thing, but they have to guess what it is - by smelling it!. They also take a walk around the city to find more smells. "Try going on a smelling adventure. Just follow your nose."
Quack’s Tracks On the first snowy day of winter, Peep loses Quack, learns about footprints, and builds a snow duck.
Interstitial: Otis the dog walks right in the paint and across a big picture the kids are making. This gives the kids an idea. "Try making your own kind of tracks."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Duck's Tale, A; Quack's Tracks,” 08/01/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_612D8A51BF5F451093D9ED3E1B01AE03.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Duck's Tale, A; Quack's Tracks.” 08/01/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_612D8A51BF5F451093D9ED3E1B01AE03>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Duck's Tale, A; Quack's Tracks. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_612D8A51BF5F451093D9ED3E1B01AE03