Simply Ming; On the Road in Japan: Michiba and Seafood in Japan
Simply Ming On the Road in Japan: Michiba and Seafood in Japan SMMG1110 Caption Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- On the Road in Japan: Michiba and Seafood in Japan
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef Rokusaburo Michiba
This episode of Simply Ming is all about seafood. On the road in Japan, Host Ming Tsai visits Tsukiji, the biggest wholesale fish market in the world, which houses more than 400 different varieties. Later, Ming joins Japan’s first Iron Chef, Rokusaburo Michiba, to cook some amazing dishes made from seafood bought fresh that morning. Chef Michiba showcases two dishes including a Buri Offal Salad and Buddha Style Buri and Daikon Stew. Ming shares a New Style Tuna Sashimi with Curry Oil Flash.
Recipes Buddha Style Buri and Daikon Stew New Style Tuna Sashimi with Curry Oil Flash Buri Offal Salad
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; On the Road in Japan: Michiba and Seafood in Japan,” 10/25/2013, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_612B8DEECB124C2AA7048B874882CA66.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; On the Road in Japan: Michiba and Seafood in Japan.” 10/25/2013. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_612B8DEECB124C2AA7048B874882CA66>.
- APA: Simply Ming; On the Road in Japan: Michiba and Seafood in Japan. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_612B8DEECB124C2AA7048B874882CA66