Martha Speaks; Que Pasa, Martha?; TD is Talking Dog
Martha Speaks MSPE 209 (dub) PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Que Pasa, Martha?; TD is Talking Dog
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
¿Qué Pasa, Martha?
Señor Craig expects everyone to present an oral report in Spanish, and Alice is a nervous wreck! With the help of Martha and some Mexican alphabet soup, she aces her presentation, but did she actually deserve her grade? Vocabulary
(E) recite, memorize, bilingual, pronouce, articulate
(I) speech, oral, aloud, voice, remember
T.D. Is Talking Dog
Inspired by an old Tarzan-style movie, T.D. decides to learn animal languages and become an animal linguist. Under Martha's tutelage, he begins his lessons. Vocabulary
(E) enunciate, language, linguist, vocabulary, accent
(I) tone, again, repeat, animal, phrase
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Que Pasa, Martha?; TD is Talking Dog,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_61022F3CEE44405E928C271931015CEE.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Que Pasa, Martha?; TD is Talking Dog.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_61022F3CEE44405E928C271931015CEE>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Que Pasa, Martha?; TD is Talking Dog. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_61022F3CEE44405E928C271931015CEE