Simply Ming; Kaffir Lime Avocado Puree
Kaffir Lime Avocado Puree with Rick Bayelss
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Kaffir Lime Avocado Puree
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Broadcast 2006-2007 GUEST CHEF: RICK BAYLESS THAI CUISINE OFTEN CALLS FOR KAFFIR LIME LEAVES OR FRUIT, WHICH ARE INCREDIBLY FRAGRANT AND ADD AN EXOTIC DASH TO ANY DISH. MING COMBINES THESE UNIQUE INGREDIENTS TO CREATE A MASTER SAUCE THAT IS SIMPLY HIS: KAFFIR LIME AVOCADO PURÉE. IT'S USED TO CREATE TENDER PORK AND AVOCADO DUMPLINGS, A LIME-INFUSED THAI SHRIMP AVOCADO PARFAIT, AND AN EARTHY THREE-MUSHROOM NAPOLEON. THEN, MING PAYS A VISIT TO ERWIN RAMOS, CHEF AND OWNER OF OLE MEXICAN GRILLE IN CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS, TO SEE HOW HIS STAFF PREPARES THEIR DELICIOUS GUACAMOLE TABLESIDE IN A TRADITIONAL VOLCANIC STONE MORTAR AND PESTLE, OR MOLCAJETE. GUEST CHEF RICK BAYLESS OF PBS'S MEXICO ONE PLATE AT A TIME JOINS MING IN THE STUDIO TO OFFER HIS OWN FLAVOR TO THE TABLE.
Master Recipe: Kaffir Lime Avocado Purée Guest Recipe: Halibut Ceviche with Roasted Poblano, Kaffir Lime Avocado Purée and Asian Aromatics
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Kaffir Lime Avocado Puree,” 11/04/2006, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 19, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_60F75A41D4874258A4EFBEA60194902B.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Kaffir Lime Avocado Puree.” 11/04/2006. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 19, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_60F75A41D4874258A4EFBEA60194902B>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Kaffir Lime Avocado Puree. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_60F75A41D4874258A4EFBEA60194902B