Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Maggie Rivas-Rodriguez
La Plaza Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Maggie Rivas-Rodriguez WGBH CC Master Show #3007
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Maggie Rivas-Rodriguez
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Maggie Rivas-Rodriguez is the Director of the U.S. Latino and Latina World War II Oral History Project and led the challenge to PBS over the lack of Latino representation in Ken Burn’s “The War.” She is also the author of Mexican Americans and World War II, a book about the stories of the nearly 750,000 Mexican Americans that fought in WWII.
NOTE: The 2XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 30XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Maggie Rivas-Rodriguez,” 02/19/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_60E67BAD9D9646DA8DC6BADC8F63DE21.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Maggie Rivas-Rodriguez.” 02/19/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_60E67BAD9D9646DA8DC6BADC8F63DE21>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Maggie Rivas-Rodriguez. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_60E67BAD9D9646DA8DC6BADC8F63DE21