Teaching Reading K-2: Workshop; Connecting School And Home
Closed Captioned Master for Show #1
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Teaching Reading K-2: Workshop
- Connecting School And Home
- Program Number
- Series Description
This video workshop addresses critical topics in teaching reading for K-2 teachers. Boston University professor of education Jeanne Paratore moderates the eight sessions with practicing K-2 teachers, reviewing current research on reading instruction and drawing out how it can inform classroom practice. In this workshop, participating teachers can compare their experiences with the onscreen teachers and review the video clips of real reading classes as they discuss the challenges of developing the literacy skills of their diverse students. Using the video programs, Web site, and print guide, K-2 teachers and reading specialists will gain confidence to adopt new strategies and refine their current practices to meet the needs of all their students. Series release date: 2003
- Program Description
In this session, teachers will examine their beliefs on how parents contribute to students’ literacy and their own roles in engaging parents as partners in student motivation and learning. They will discuss their own interactions with parents and explore ways they might build on existing practices.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Chicago: “Teaching Reading K-2: Workshop; Connecting School And Home,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 22, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_60C5CF6D7D3B41EFB8D450C2CF8DA90E.
- MLA: “Teaching Reading K-2: Workshop; Connecting School And Home.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 22, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_60C5CF6D7D3B41EFB8D450C2CF8DA90E>.
- APA: Teaching Reading K-2: Workshop; Connecting School And Home. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_60C5CF6D7D3B41EFB8D450C2CF8DA90E