Antiques Roadshow; College Park, MD
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- College Park, MD
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
In College Park, Maryland, just north of the nation's capital, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW experts from the country's great auction houses—as well as independent dealers, appraisers and auctioneers from up and down the Eastern seaboard—look at silver, jewelry, some fine paintings, and furnishings both elegant and country. Host Chris Jussel visits the National Colonial Farm, preserved as a typical 18th-century tidewater farm, a far cry from the great estates owned by wealthy Virginia gentleman-farmers like Thomas Jefferson or George Washington, whose Mount Vernon is just across the river. At the University of Maryland, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW appraisers are treated to the sight of some rare and unusual collectibles, including a beautifully preserved 1850s quilt and some Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis memorabilia.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; College Park, MD,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_60C048E28E89438791BBB5389703A843.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; College Park, MD.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_60C048E28E89438791BBB5389703A843>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; College Park, MD. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_60C048E28E89438791BBB5389703A843