Simply Ming; Soy Sauce/ Preserved Lemons
Preserved Lemons and Soy Sauce with Ken Oringer
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Soy Sauce/ Preserved Lemons
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Ken Oringer
For this week’s East-West pairing on SIMPLY MING, Chef Ming Tsai introduces Organic Soy Sauce to the laidback citrus flavor of Preserved Lemons. First, Ming prepares Preserved Lemon-Edamame Tapenade served with Whole Wheat Pita Chips, a nutrient-rich appetizer that will impress your guests. Then, Ming enhances the East-West pair with the intense flavors of chile and garlic in his Lemon Broccolini-Shiitake Sautee with Garlic Chips. Later, Ming reels you in with an enticing Pan Roasted Line Caught Halibut with Soy-Lemon Sauce. Finally, guest celebrity chef Ken Oringer puts the East-West duo to work in his sumptuous Lacquered Pork Belly with Preserved Lemons and Soy Sake Glaze.
Recipes Lemon Broccolini-Shiitake Saute with Garlic Chips Preserved Lemon-Edamame Tapenade Pan Roasted Line Caught Halibut with Soy-Lemon Sauce Ken Oringer's Lacquered Pork Belly With Preserved Lemon, Soy Sake Glaze
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Soy Sauce/ Preserved Lemons,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 15, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_602E81E759E7405A9DD194FCB61E0C6D.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Soy Sauce/ Preserved Lemons.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 15, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_602E81E759E7405A9DD194FCB61E0C6D>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Soy Sauce/ Preserved Lemons. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_602E81E759E7405A9DD194FCB61E0C6D