Martha Speaks; Myth Me; TD's Myth Take
MSPE 310 PBS
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Martha Speaks
- Myth Me; TD's Myth Take
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Myth Me? Joe Fallon On a rainy, boring day, the gang does what everybody does on a rainy day: act out Greek myths! And, as always, they are really better with dogs! Vocabulary (E) myth, legend, moral, reflection, fate (I) point, ending, setting, over, greek
TD’s Myth Take Joe Fallon TD isn’t satisfied with any Greek myth, so he decides to write his own version. With the help of Martha and Truman, he puts on a performance that exceeds everyone’s expectations… Vocabulary (E) version, alter, revis(e)(ing), adaptation, dramatize (I) change, fix, perfect, plot, nymph
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Myth Me; TD's Myth Take,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 22, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5FBE8427A4714332AAA25F38A7F882D6.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Myth Me; TD's Myth Take.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 22, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5FBE8427A4714332AAA25F38A7F882D6>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Myth Me; TD's Myth Take. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5FBE8427A4714332AAA25F38A7F882D6