Arthur; D.W. The Picky Eater; Buster And The Daredevils
WGBH EE Master
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- D.W. The Picky Eater; Buster And The Daredevils
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
D.W., the Picky Eater: It's wrong to call D.W. a picky eater. Just wrong. The only things she won't eat are vegetables, fish, fruit, and meat. So it's not her fault when she has a tantrum in a restaurant--I mean, someone tried to slip her some spinach! Is this the end of D.W.'s nights on the town? Will she miss Grandma Thora's birthday bash? (Based on the book by Marc Brown.)
Buster and the Daredevils: Arthur and Buster meet two really cool kids and, naturally, are utterly dazzled. Toby and Slink agree to teach Buster some skateboard tricks but there's one small catch--he has to do whatever they dare him to. How far will Buster go to be cool?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; D.W. The Picky Eater; Buster And The Daredevils,” 09/27/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5FA9DCDF47B04C16949F4FCB84AE6F78.
- MLA: “Arthur; D.W. The Picky Eater; Buster And The Daredevils.” 09/27/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5FA9DCDF47B04C16949F4FCB84AE6F78>.
- APA: Arthur; D.W. The Picky Eater; Buster And The Daredevils. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5FA9DCDF47B04C16949F4FCB84AE6F78