Peep And The Big Wide World; Chirp Sorts It Out (sort of); Hear Here
Peep Season II textless elements start at 1:23:00. As broadcast by DCI.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Chirp Sorts It Out (sort of); Hear Here
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
Production Season 2 EPISODE 31 (36A/34A) CHIRP SORTS IT OUT (SORT OF) CHIRP'S INTEREST IN COLLECTING SOON BECOMES A FULL-FLEDGED MANIA. TIME TO STAGE AN INTERVENTION!
INTERSTITIAL: WHOOPS! MOM HAS DROPPED HER BOX OF ODD NAILS, SCREWS AND NUTS AND BOLTS. THE KIDS ARE UP FOR A FUN PROJECT, SO THEY HELP MOM SORT THE THINGS BACK INTO GROUPS. TALL NAILS, SHORT SCREWS, FUNNY HOOKS – EVERYTHING GOES WITH SOMETHING ELSE. WELL, NOT EVERYTHING.
HEAR HERE QUACK DECIDES TO GIVE A CONCERT -- "AN AFTERNOON WITH QUACK" -- BUT HAS TROUBLE FINDING THE PROPER VENUE.
INTERSTITIALS: HELLO!! SHOUTING IN THE GYM MAKES A VERY ECHO-EY SOUND. THE KIDS LISTEN TO THE SOUNDS THEY MAKE IN THE GYM, IN A HALL, AND OTHER PLACES. IT SEEMS LIKE EACH PLACE MAKES THEIR VOICE SOUND DIFFERENT SOMEHOW.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Chirp Sorts It Out (sort of); Hear Here,” 11/25/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5FA59860EB9B4DE68A814BF7E207AB51.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Chirp Sorts It Out (sort of); Hear Here.” 11/25/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5FA59860EB9B4DE68A814BF7E207AB51>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Chirp Sorts It Out (sort of); Hear Here. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5FA59860EB9B4DE68A814BF7E207AB51