La Plaza; Puerto Rico: Paradiso Invadido
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Puerto Rico: Paradiso Invadido
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
Through the eyes of Rafael Hernandez, a senior citizen from Puerto Rico, we look at what industry and new technology is doing to the island’s ecology and mental stability. The second part of program centers on Boston area senior citizens viewing the film and sharing their opinions and nostalgia.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Puerto Rico: Paradiso Invadido,” 01/13/1979, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5EDD197FA8C14CFF8A2E6A40DAF48329.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Puerto Rico: Paradiso Invadido.” 01/13/1979. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5EDD197FA8C14CFF8A2E6A40DAF48329>.
- APA: La Plaza; Puerto Rico: Paradiso Invadido. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5EDD197FA8C14CFF8A2E6A40DAF48329