Ten O'Clock News; Wilson's contract renewal
Christy George reports that the Boston School Committee held an executive session to make a decision on the renewal of the contract of superintendent Laval Wilson Several audience members addressed the Boston School Committee about Wilson's performance before they made their decision. Jim Hobby (South Boston resident), Minister Don Muhammad (Roxbury community leader), and Pedro Posado (Latino activist) address the members of the School Committee at a meeting. The School Committee has offered Wilson a two-year contract with constant performance reviews and no perquisites. George adds that the contract does not allow Wilson much freedom to operate. School Committee president Thomas O'Reilly and Committee member Robert Cappucci announce the contract at a School Committee meeting. O'Reilly talks about the details of the contract. Cappucci expresses his non-support of Wilson. Wilson speaks to reporters about his new contract. This edition of the Ten O'Clock News also included the following item: Marcus Jones reports on the Ninth Annual Black-Jewish Seder held in Roxbury
- Ten O'Clock News
Wilson's contract renewal
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- School superintendents
- Boston (Mass.). School Committee
- School boards
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- George, Christy (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Wilson's contract renewal,” 04/11/1989, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5E3409A6701342EE95524F9E6247581E.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Wilson's contract renewal.” 04/11/1989. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5E3409A6701342EE95524F9E6247581E>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Wilson's contract renewal. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5E3409A6701342EE95524F9E6247581E