Arthur; Unfinished; D.W., Bossy Boots
Beta SP - Split Track Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Unfinished; D.W., Bossy Boots
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Season X (10): 1007 See Also Individual Program Titles for Additional Assets. Broadcast: 2006
Unfinished: Arthur is completely riveted by a book and can't wait to see how it ends. But...oh no! The last few pages are missing! Now what? Will Arthur ever find out what happens to Dr. Gustavius Boles and Caleb Trimingham on their round-the-world balloon adventure? Or will Arthur have to make up his own ending?
"D.W., Bossy Boots: For D.W., there's nothing better than getting her own way -- that is, until all her friends stop playing with her. Will D.W. be forever shunned at the playground -- or will she figure out how to be a little nicer to her friends?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Unfinished; D.W., Bossy Boots,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 28, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5E1340BF832D491BA0C2C8C364E2A726.
- MLA: “Arthur; Unfinished; D.W., Bossy Boots.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 28, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5E1340BF832D491BA0C2C8C364E2A726>.
- APA: Arthur; Unfinished; D.W., Bossy Boots. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5E1340BF832D491BA0C2C8C364E2A726