Arthur; Around the World in 11 Minutes; Muffy and the Big Bad Blog
WGBH Master Around the World in 11 Minutes, 167A Muffy and the Big Bad Blog, 167B
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Around the World in 11 Minutes; Muffy and the Big Bad Blog
- Program Number
1407; 167A; 167B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Around the World in 11 Minutes, 167A Pal, Baby Kate, Amigo, and Mei Lin enthusiastically accept Nemo’s dare to travel around the world and make it back in 11 minutes. After all, there’s a prized pork chop and a lot of pride on the line! Adventuring by plane, hot-air balloon and motor scooters, the gang encounters many obstacles along the way – mostly because of Nemo’s meddling! – but giddily experience the joys of global expedition.
Educational Objective: Pal, Baby Kate, Amigo, and Mei Lin discover differences in land, cultures, and modes of transportation as they travel around the world.
Muffy and the Big Bad Blog, 167B Muffy discovers that web blogging is a great way to keep her readers up to date with her every move…whether they’re interested or not! But then she goes too far and publicizes a disagreement with Francine. Can Muffy learn that some things really are better left private?
Educational Objective: Muffy learns that being in the moment is important for living, not for blogging. Muffy and Francine learn the appropriate way to confront a problem with a friend is by talking to each other instead of posting their grievances online.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Around the World in 11 Minutes; Muffy and the Big Bad Blog,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5E028976FDB64ED69419686E27EA6C2C.
- MLA: “Arthur; Around the World in 11 Minutes; Muffy and the Big Bad Blog.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5E028976FDB64ED69419686E27EA6C2C>.
- APA: Arthur; Around the World in 11 Minutes; Muffy and the Big Bad Blog. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5E028976FDB64ED69419686E27EA6C2C