Evening at Pops; Tyne Daly And Sarah Chang
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Tyne Daly And Sarah Chang
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Best known for starring on CBS' " Cagney and Lacey" and winner of a 1990 Tony Award for her Broadway performance in the revival of Gypsy, singer/actress Tyne Daly performs selections not only from Gypsy but "Captain Hook's Waltz" from Peter Pan and "Trouble" from The Music Man, among others. Also on the program, 11-year-old violin prodigy Sarah Chang showcases her remarkable gift in Sarasate's Carmen Fantasy, based on Bizet's opera.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Tyne Daly And Sarah Chang,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 24, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5DF093789E0A48E9AF06B00839F539B5.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Tyne Daly And Sarah Chang.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 24, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5DF093789E0A48E9AF06B00839F539B5>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Tyne Daly And Sarah Chang. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5DF093789E0A48E9AF06B00839F539B5