Ten O'Clock News; Mission Hill housing project
Exteriors of Mission Hill housing project. Trash strewn about. African American children playing in the parking lot and playing basketball. Steve Curwood interviews with residents including Betty Galloway, Dorothy Johnson, and a woman who doesn't want to give her name. They speak about the strike by BHA maintenance workers, and the past and current condition in the public housing, especially the amount of trash piling up. Accumulated rubbish in a vacant apartment and the chutes to the incinerators. Several takes of reporter standup. Exteriors of Exchange Building (53 State Street). Pedestrians.
- Ten O'Clock News
Mission Hill housing project
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Boston Housing Authority
- Urban youth
- Strikes and lockouts
- Public housing
- Refuse and refuse disposal
- Mission Hill (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Curwood, Steve (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Mission Hill housing project,” 06/01/1977, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 27, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5D8FD0444EE64B798DD175E443BEB6EB.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Mission Hill housing project.” 06/01/1977. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 27, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5D8FD0444EE64B798DD175E443BEB6EB>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Mission Hill housing project. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5D8FD0444EE64B798DD175E443BEB6EB