Jean Shepherd's America; Chicago, Chicago, that Toddlin' Town
Part of NTW Master Dubbing: 8/98
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Jean Shepherd's America
- Chicago, Chicago, that Toddlin' Town
- Program Number
- Series Description
In these humorous and affectionate television poems, humorist Jean Shepherd celebrates America in all its richness and diversity -- from cars to candy, baseball to beer, motels to money. Each week a different aspect of our national psyche is explored as Shepherd travels to the Okefenokee Swamp, Death Valley, Milwaukee, the Old South, and other far-flung locations -- using the PCP-90 portable camera.
See April and May 1971 Program Guides for cover stories. Series release date: 4/11/1971
- Program Description
What’s Chicago? It’s the White Sox; Dave Garroway; the White Sox; Kukla, Fran and Ollie, and, of course, the White Sox. Humorist Jean Shepherd is joined by Chicagoan Studs Terkel in a celebration of The Windy City.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barzyk, Fred (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Jean Shepherd's America; Chicago, Chicago, that Toddlin' Town,” 11/04/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5CEB76C7DB1941A69B1045B5706D1070.
- MLA: “Jean Shepherd's America; Chicago, Chicago, that Toddlin' Town.” 11/04/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5CEB76C7DB1941A69B1045B5706D1070>.
- APA: Jean Shepherd's America; Chicago, Chicago, that Toddlin' Town. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5CEB76C7DB1941A69B1045B5706D1070