Martha Speaks; Painting for Peanuts; Martha’s No Dummy
MSPE 202 MI# 1123561 PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Painting for Peanuts; Martha’s No Dummy
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Painting for Peanuts
The zoo is in danger of closing! Helen and T.D. volunteer for an animal painting class to try and save it. But it turns out animal painting isn't exactly what they thought...
(E) realistic, easel, participate, abstract, portrait
(I) painting, artwork, brushes, course, sculpture, pose
Martha's No Dummy
Granny Flo is hosting a variety show. Helen and Carolina team up to perform a pantomime, Alice practices her tap routine, and Truman perfects his water glass symphony, but T.D. and Martha struggle to come up with an act. Will they ever find their voice?
(E) pantomime, routine, rehearse, ventriloquist, entertain
(I) host, show, old-fashioned, star, act
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Painting for Peanuts; Martha’s No Dummy,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 29, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5C72DBA185A443CCBA2B829196226CBA.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Painting for Peanuts; Martha’s No Dummy.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 29, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5C72DBA185A443CCBA2B829196226CBA>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Painting for Peanuts; Martha’s No Dummy. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5C72DBA185A443CCBA2B829196226CBA