Ten O'Clock News; Kitty Dukakis interview on addiction
Candid interview with Kitty Dukakis in her home after five years of sobriety. She talks about her addiction to prescription drugs, and the potential risk associated with habit forming and mood altering drugs. She talks about her husband, Michael Dukakis, confronting her when he found her pills. She compares her personality on pills to her personality when sober. They shoot cutaways. Christopher Lydon reasks questions for editing. Editor's note: Content given off the record was edited out of this footage.
- Ten O'Clock News
Kitty Dukakis interview on addiction
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Drug abuse -- Treatment
- Dukakis, Kitty
- Drug abuse
- News Report
- Lydon, Christopher (Reporter)
- Dukakis, Kitty (Interviewee)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Kitty Dukakis interview on addiction,” 07/08/1987, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 24, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5C6C57E70B6C44D79054AC8C1FFCAF00.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Kitty Dukakis interview on addiction.” 07/08/1987. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 24, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5C6C57E70B6C44D79054AC8C1FFCAF00>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Kitty Dukakis interview on addiction. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5C6C57E70B6C44D79054AC8C1FFCAF00