Arthur; A Is For Angry; Emily Swallows A Horse
“A” Is For Angry & Emily Swallows A Horse WGBH Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- A Is For Angry; Emily Swallows A Horse
- Program Number
907; 908; 121A;121B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
907: A Is for Angry: When Arthur decides to take on The Brain at an all-school checkers competition, everyone rallies behind the underdog. That is until Arthur rejects all the fan support with a big "yowl." Will Arthur get his fan support back? Does he even want it back?
908: Emily Swallows a Horse: Emily really wants the sparkly ball D.W. just found, so she tells a little white lie about how Marie-Helene actually gave it to her. No harm done, right? But then Emily has to tell even bigger lies to cover her story! Will she be like that old woman in the fairy tale, who had to swallow the horse to eat her lie...er, fly?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; A Is For Angry; Emily Swallows A Horse,” 12/01/2004, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 16, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5C164D028B244C2E9210D246170043C1.
- MLA: “Arthur; A Is For Angry; Emily Swallows A Horse.” 12/01/2004. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 16, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5C164D028B244C2E9210D246170043C1>.
- APA: Arthur; A Is For Angry; Emily Swallows A Horse. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5C164D028B244C2E9210D246170043C1