La Plaza; Mauricio Gaston - Creation
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Mauricio Gaston - Creation
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
Creation- An avant garde piece that reflects, through visual imagery, the process of a painter creating his work. Cuba: A View from the Inside- A collection of Cuban photography documents the history of the revolution. Mauricio Gaston- A portrait of a local community activist who dedicated his life in the struggle to better conditions for the Latino community.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Mauricio Gaston - Creation,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 24, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5B6113185A014912956D533C8A75B5A2.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Mauricio Gaston - Creation.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 24, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5B6113185A014912956D533C8A75B5A2>.
- APA: La Plaza; Mauricio Gaston - Creation. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5B6113185A014912956D533C8A75B5A2