Martha Speaks; Truman’s Mad; Dog for a Day
MSPE 304 PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Truman’s Mad; Dog for a Day
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Truman’s Mad When Truman sends away for a science kit, he dreams about all the new inventions he will create. But can reality really live up to his big dreams? Vocabulary (E) explore, theory, analyz(e)(ing), outcome, effect (I) note(s), lab, kit, finding(s), magnet(ism)(s)
Dog for a Day TD thinks dogs have it easy — no school, no homework, no schedule — but Martha begs to differ. When the two decide to switch roles for a day, they discover that life can be surprisingly tough in someone else’s shoes (or tail). Vocabulary (E) hypothesis, experiment, conclusion, compare(d), result(s) (I) human, canine, science, easy, hard(er)
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Truman’s Mad; Dog for a Day,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 18, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5B3263D5738D4894A64478C86151100A.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Truman’s Mad; Dog for a Day.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 18, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5B3263D5738D4894A64478C86151100A>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Truman’s Mad; Dog for a Day. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5B3263D5738D4894A64478C86151100A