Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; H2O: Water
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- H2O: Water
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Water—an essential element of life that has influenced cuisines around the world. From the oyster-rich shores of Seattle's Puget Sound to a specialty shop serving hundreds of imported mineral waters in Rome's railway station, see how this versatile ingredient has evolved into so much more than a thirst quencher. Dive in and discover how chefs think about the use of water, and the ways in which it sustains, enhances, and sometimes even transforms their recipes.
RECIPES Hollandaise Sauce Kumamoto Oysters with Ponzu Granita and Tobiko Lobster, Avocado, and Grapefruit Salad Oyster Pan Roast Oyster Po' Boys Steamed Blue Crabs with Black Ginger Dipping Sauce
Exclusive Think You Know H2O? So you think you know how to boil water. You may be surprised by these words of water wisdom from Harold McGee.
From the Pages of Gourmet Magazine Clam Diggers by Ken Rivard The Cold Standard by James Rodewald School of Fish by Barry Estabrook
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; H2O: Water,” 04/22/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 22, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5AFAAC6C5E984128B0325F68B3737404.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; H2O: Water.” 04/22/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 22, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5AFAAC6C5E984128B0325F68B3737404>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; H2O: Water. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5AFAAC6C5E984128B0325F68B3737404