La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Osvaldo Golijov
Online Version Master
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- La Plaza
- Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Osvaldo Golijov
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
Osvaldo Golijov has been making music all of his life. A descendent of Eastern European Jews who emigrated to Argentina, Golijov has lived and studied in Latin America, Israel, and the United States. Golijov has a Ph.D in music and is a celebrated composer of operas, symphonies, folk songs, and now film scores as well. His latest work will be used as the basis of Francis Ford Coppola's film Megalopolis.
In this La Plaza conversation, Osvaldo Golijov speaks about his upbringing, historical influences, and passion for music.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Osvaldo Golijov,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 18, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5A969B8A3D664F70A1B8FF3EEC9F69F5.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Osvaldo Golijov.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 18, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5A969B8A3D664F70A1B8FF3EEC9F69F5>.
- APA: La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: Osvaldo Golijov. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5A969B8A3D664F70A1B8FF3EEC9F69F5