Martha Speaks; Martha’s Worst Best Day; Truman’s Brother
MSPE 136 MI#1125652 Media Operations Center PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Martha’s Worst Best Day; Truman’s Brother
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha's Worst Best Day Why is Martha so grumpy? She's offended just about everybody with her insults. Truman figures out that she's saying the exact reverse of what she means to say. But can they figure out the cure before she ruins Grandpa Bernie's birthday party?
(E) exactly, correct, offend, reverse, contrary
(I) opposite, meant, top, backwards, bottom
Truman's Brother Truman and TD both wish they had a brother. If Skits and Martha can be sort of siblings, why can't the two of them? Helen and Alice bet the boys that they can't keep the brother thing up for a week, because they don't exactly have a lot in common.
Vocabulary: (E) sibling, common, similar, contrast, identical
(I) together, alike, twins, both, only
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha’s Worst Best Day; Truman’s Brother,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5A85606B8B58406DAA1D64900B74FF64.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha’s Worst Best Day; Truman’s Brother.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5A85606B8B58406DAA1D64900B74FF64>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha’s Worst Best Day; Truman’s Brother. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5A85606B8B58406DAA1D64900B74FF64