Arthur; Arthur Weighs In; Buster’s Green Thumb
Arthur Weighs In & Buster’s Green Thumb WGBH Master
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur Weighs In; Buster’s Green Thumb
- Program Number
903; 904; 120A;120B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
903: Arthur Weighs In: When Arthur doesn't fit into his costume for the play, he's shocked to learn that he's gotten "husky-sized." Now he's serious about getting in shape. Will he turn to an all-protein diet? Eat only herbs and berries? Or will he try something really radical...exercise?!
904: Buster's Green Thumb: Buster finds out that his collection of old food makes excellent compost -- which makes for even better tomatoes! He's dismayed when he runs out of fresh veggies to give away until his new friend, who runs the community garden, shows him what it takes to grow and care for his own plants.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur Weighs In; Buster’s Green Thumb,” 11/17/2004, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5A569E94BE7A41289708471C6FB26712.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur Weighs In; Buster’s Green Thumb.” 11/17/2004. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5A569E94BE7A41289708471C6FB26712>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur Weighs In; Buster’s Green Thumb. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5A569E94BE7A41289708471C6FB26712