Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Luis Alberto Urrea
La Plaza: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Caption Master Luis Alberto Urrea 4/5/10 #2913 TRT: 26:30 Op: M.R. TC: SD 29.97 DF CC, Anamorphic
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Luis Alberto Urrea
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Mexican born author Luis Alberto Urrea is the son of a Mexican father and an American mother. Since he was a child, when his parents registered him as a U.S. citizen born abroad, he has had one foot in the U.S., and the other in Mexico. His work as an author reflects that duality. He is the author of The Devil’s Highway: A True Story, The Hummingbird’s Daughter, Across the Wire: Life, Hard Times at the Mexican Border, and Into the Beautiful North. In this conversation with Maria Hinojosa, Urrea talks about his dual-culture life experiences, why he doesn’t consider himself a border writer and getting to the big screen.
NOTE: The 4XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 32XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Luis Alberto Urrea,” 04/05/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5A453F1000E243CABB87F9D50E3911ED.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Luis Alberto Urrea.” 04/05/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5A453F1000E243CABB87F9D50E3911ED>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Luis Alberto Urrea. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5A453F1000E243CABB87F9D50E3911ED