Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Teddy Cruz
La Plaza Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Teddy Cruz WGBH Master Show #3110
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Teddy Cruz
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Guatemalan architect Teddy Cruz has worked on both sides of the border, in San Diego, California and Tijuana, Mexico, for years A graduate of Harvard University and the American Academy in Rome, Cruz is recognized internationally for his research on new forms of affordable housing In this conversation with Hinojosa, Cruz talks about the Tijuana-San Diego area, where some of the wealthiest real estate in the U.S. lies next to some of the poorest settlements in Latin America.
NOTE: The 3XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 31XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Teddy Cruz,” 04/14/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5A22EE07B6A242A192B80190944A50F6.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Teddy Cruz.” 04/14/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5A22EE07B6A242A192B80190944A50F6>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Teddy Cruz. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5A22EE07B6A242A192B80190944A50F6