Evening at Pops; Marvin Hamlisch And Friends With Showstoppers
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Marvin Hamlisch And Friends With Showstoppers
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Guest conductor Marvin Hamlisch and friends go for broke on every tune in a program of certified hits called "Showstoppers." Performers include: Colm Wilkinson, Sally Wolf, Raquel Welch, Marilyn Cooper and the hot contemporary jazz-gospel a cappella group, Take 6, and Marvin Hamlisch himself at the piano. In addition, Hamlisch conducts the Pops in a medley of Gershwin, Bernstein and Sondheim songs, a segment he calls "Songs I Wish I Had Written."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Marvin Hamlisch And Friends With Showstoppers,” 07/07/1993, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_59456084277F4EB2898393FE4DB9A7F9.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Marvin Hamlisch And Friends With Showstoppers.” 07/07/1993. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_59456084277F4EB2898393FE4DB9A7F9>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Marvin Hamlisch And Friends With Showstoppers. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_59456084277F4EB2898393FE4DB9A7F9