Advocates; If You Oppose the War, Should You Answer the Call for Massive Civil Disobedience?
Part of The Advocates.
Moderator: Michael Dukakis Advocate: Roger Fisher Advocate: William Kunstler Witnesses: Rennie Davis - Coordinator, MAYDAY Howard Zinn - Boston University Allard K. Lowenstein Sen. Philip Hart - D-Michigan Thomas P. Tip ONeill D-Mass.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If You Oppose the War, Should You Answer the Call for Massive Civil Disobedience?
- Program Number
- Series Description
A SERIES OF DEBATES with a moderator facilitating the discussion of national and international issues - using advocates who would introduce witnesses to support their point of view. Debates recorded at Boston's Faneuil Hall. Moderators included: Michael Dukakis; Marilyn Berger; Michael Harrington, Robert Maynard. (Premiered October, 1969; conceived by Prof. Roger Fisher.) Other participants included Barney Frank, Avi Nelson, Antonin Scalia, S.I. Hayakawa, Paul Simon, Albert Shankar, Richard Bolling, Pete McCloskey, Chester Crocker, John Anderson, Elmo Zumwalt, George Ball, John Kenneth Galbraith, William Colby, Eleanor Smeal, Phyllis Schlafly, Sam Ervin, Laurence Tribe, Daniel Schorr, Orrin Hatch, Morris Udall, Edward Kennedy, George McGovern, Jake Garn, Paul Tsongas, Alan Dershowitz. Series release date: 1969
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Protest movements
- O'Neill, Tip
- Davis, Rennie
- Draft resisters
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933-
- United States
- Hart, Philip A. (Philip Aloysius), 1912-1976
- Kunstler, William M. (William Moses), 1919-1995
- Zinn, Howard, 1922-2010
- Lowenstein, Allard K.
- Civil disobedience
- Fisher, Roger, 1922-2012
- Boston, MA
- Social Issues
- Public Affairs
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933- (Moderator)
- Lowenstein, Allard K. (Guest)
- Davis, Rennie (Guest)
- Fisher, Roger, 1922-2012 (Guest)
- Zinn, Howard, 1922-2010 (Guest)
- O'Neill, Tip (Guest)
- Hart, Philip A. (Philip Aloysius), 1912-1976 (Guest)
- Kunstler, William M. (William Moses), 1919-1995 (Guest)
- Publication Information
- Supported by a grant from the Open Society Foundations.
- Chicago: “Advocates; If You Oppose the War, Should You Answer the Call for Massive Civil Disobedience?,” 04/20/1971, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_58D7FC37405E4268BB7E68C925628EF9.
- MLA: “Advocates; If You Oppose the War, Should You Answer the Call for Massive Civil Disobedience?.” 04/20/1971. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_58D7FC37405E4268BB7E68C925628EF9>.
- APA: Advocates; If You Oppose the War, Should You Answer the Call for Massive Civil Disobedience?. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_58D7FC37405E4268BB7E68C925628EF9