Evening at Pops; Carmen De Lavalade
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Carmen De Lavalade
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
A great dancer (she’s Mrs. Geoffrey Holder in private life) adds her interpretive skills to the Pops’ performances of the first movement from Ginastera’s Harp concerto and the “Venus” section of Gustav Holst’s The Planets. Elsewhere on the program: A Weber overture, an Enesco Rumanian Rhapsody, a medley of favorites from Lerner and Loewe’s Gigi, and Carole King’s big ht, “I Feel the Earth Move,” all conducted with brio.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Carmen De Lavalade,” 07/05/1973, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 25, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_58CDA333AF5048E9B3FA11E1DF656151.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Carmen De Lavalade.” 07/05/1973. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 25, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_58CDA333AF5048E9B3FA11E1DF656151>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Carmen De Lavalade. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_58CDA333AF5048E9B3FA11E1DF656151