Arthur; D.W. All Fired Up; I’d Rather Read it Myself
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- D.W. All Fired Up; I’d Rather Read it Myself
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
D.W., All Fired Up: What exactly is a fire drill anyway? When Ms. Morgan announces they'll be having one during preschool, D.W. wants no part of it -- it sounds way too scary. Can she manage to stay home from school every day until the danger passes?
I'd Rather Read it Myself: The Tibble Twins are better than D.W. at just about everything -- they can yell louder, bounce higher, and even get dizzier. It would be great if D.W. could at least read before the Tibbles could! Can she spin a tale dazzling enough to convince them she can?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; D.W. All Fired Up; I’d Rather Read it Myself,” 09/01/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 14, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_58AE5DD434FE41FD8851564E1D7E7A22.
- MLA: “Arthur; D.W. All Fired Up; I’d Rather Read it Myself.” 09/01/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 14, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_58AE5DD434FE41FD8851564E1D7E7A22>.
- APA: Arthur; D.W. All Fired Up; I’d Rather Read it Myself. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_58AE5DD434FE41FD8851564E1D7E7A22