Arthur; Portrait of the Artist as a Young Tibble; D.W. Swims With the Fishes
DBeta, green label broadcast master, mixed tracks. “Portrait of the Artist as a young Tibble” and “D.W. Swims with the Fishes.”
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Portrait of the Artist as a Young Tibble; D.W. Swims With the Fishes
- Program Number
1306; 150B; 1307; 150A
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See Individual Titles for additional assets:
D.W. Swims With the Fishes, 150A D.W. and James enter the pre-school swim meet and recruit their big siblings to coach them. All goes swimmingly until Arthur and Molly start taking their jobs a little too seriously. Who’s this race about, anyway?
Portrait of the Artist as a Young Tibble, 150B The Tibble Twins set out on new business venture – selling their pre-school art masterpieces to earn enough money to buy the coveted Krummy Kreepy Kastle. As their business takes off, so does their own appreciation for their art. Is the Krummy Kreepy Kastle really worth giving up their masterpieces?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Portrait of the Artist as a Young Tibble; D.W. Swims With the Fishes,” 02/25/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 16, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_589D81EA578F4A2B9F23A100EDC166F2.
- MLA: “Arthur; Portrait of the Artist as a Young Tibble; D.W. Swims With the Fishes.” 02/25/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 16, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_589D81EA578F4A2B9F23A100EDC166F2>.
- APA: Arthur; Portrait of the Artist as a Young Tibble; D.W. Swims With the Fishes. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_589D81EA578F4A2B9F23A100EDC166F2