Arthur; Grandma Thora Appreciation Day / Fern’s Slumber Party
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Grandma Thora Appreciation Day / Fern’s Slumber Party
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Grandma Thora Appreciation Day: Arthur and D.W. are planning a surprise party for Grandma Thora. They're doing it all by themselves--thank you very much--and they're not even fighting! But somehow, in the midst of all the party-planning mayhem, one teeny detail gets forgotten--the guest of honor!
Fern's Slumber Party: Shy Fern hosts a slumber party at her mother's urging. Her guests are sure it will be the most boring party of all time--but when disaster strikes, Fern's special talents save the day. Or, in this case, the night!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Grandma Thora Appreciation Day / Fern’s Slumber Party,” 01/22/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_584D5E04FD244771989C486933CE58BF.
- MLA: “Arthur; Grandma Thora Appreciation Day / Fern’s Slumber Party.” 01/22/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_584D5E04FD244771989C486933CE58BF>.
- APA: Arthur; Grandma Thora Appreciation Day / Fern’s Slumber Party. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_584D5E04FD244771989C486933CE58BF