Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Anand Giridharadas
Caption Master 6/29/11 Company: One On One Title: Anand Giridharadas Episode: LP183/MHOO520 TRT: 26:46 Op: T.C.P. TC: SD 29.97 DF VTR: 624
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Anand Giridharadas
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
The son of Indian immigrants, Anand Giridharadas took the unusual step of moving back to India as an adult to learn about the country of his ancestors. Eventually he landed a job writing for the New York Times and the International Herald Tribune, reporting on Bollywood, outsourcing, poverty, and the growth of Asia as a whole—all of which are featured in his new book, India Calling. In this conversation with Maria Hinojosa he talks about India’s transformation from a country people couldn’t wait to leave to one to which their children aspire to return.
NOTE: The 5XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 33XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Anand Giridharadas,” 06/29/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_57EE5242895B4A5A919F8349A5500A65.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Anand Giridharadas.” 06/29/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_57EE5242895B4A5A919F8349A5500A65>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Anand Giridharadas. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_57EE5242895B4A5A919F8349A5500A65