Evening at Pops; Forever Tango with Leslie Caron
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Forever Tango with Leslie Caron
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
EVENING AT POPS heats up Symphony Hall with a special guest appearance by the cast of the Broadway hit Luis Bravo's Forever Tango. Born in the bars and bordellos of Argentina a century ago, the tango is described by show creator Bravo as “a way of life.” Hosted by dance legend Leslie Caron (Gigi), this provocative program features traditional and original numbers from the show, performed by some of the world's best tango dancers and accompanied by the Boston Pops Orchestra under the direction of Keith Lockhart. Selections include Adíos Nonino by Piazzolla, Romance Del Bandoneon by Adrover, Jalousie by Jacob Gade, Chabrier's España Rhapsody, and Ravel's Bolero.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Forever Tango with Leslie Caron,” 06/19/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_57A0842642004AD493893547D0090B66.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Forever Tango with Leslie Caron.” 06/19/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_57A0842642004AD493893547D0090B66>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Forever Tango with Leslie Caron. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_57A0842642004AD493893547D0090B66