Ten O'Clock News; Owens vs. Bolling, Sr.
Marcus Jones reports on the race for the second Suffolk senatorial seat between candidates Bill Owens and Royal Bolling, Sr. Jones. He notes that Owens held the seat from 1974 to 1982, when Bolling, Sr. won the seat. Jones notes that both candidates come from prominent families in the African American community. Jones reviews the history of both families' involvement in city and state politics. Jones' report is accompanied by footage of Owens and Bolling, Sr. at a campaign debate and by footage of members of both families. This tape contains additional footage of the campaign debate between Owens and Bolling, Sr.
- Ten O'Clock News
Owens vs. Bolling, Sr.
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Political campaigns
- African American politicians
- Owens, Bill, 1937-
- Bolling, Royal, Sr., 1920-2002
- Campaign debates
- News Report
- Bolling, Royal, Sr., 1920-2002 (Speaker)
- Owens, Bill, 1937- (Speaker)
- Jones, Marcus (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Owens vs. Bolling, Sr.,” 10/23/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5733C342C409448AA2FE2D7F1F55D1A4.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Owens vs. Bolling, Sr..” 10/23/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5733C342C409448AA2FE2D7F1F55D1A4>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Owens vs. Bolling, Sr.. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5733C342C409448AA2FE2D7F1F55D1A4