High School Quiz Show; The Bromfield School (Harvard) vs. Nipmuc Regional H.S. (Upton)
High School Quiz Show #110: Bromfield vs Nipmuc Broadcast 5/24/10 Shot at WGBH
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- High School Quiz Show
- The Bromfield School (Harvard) vs. Nipmuc Regional H.S. (Upton)
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiering on March 22, High School Quiz Show puts the spotlight on some of Massachusetts' best and brightest young scholars. Produced right here at WGBH, this statewide competition encourages, showcases, and rewards the academic achievement and intellectual curiosity of Massachusetts high school students.
High School Quiz Show builds on the success of As Schools Match Wits, a co-production of Westfield State College and WGBY, WGBH’s sister station in Western Massachusetts.
In its premiere season, High School Quiz Show’s academic tournament launches with 20 schools from eastern Massachusetts competing in 10 qualifying rounds. The four schools with the highest overall points will advance to our state finals, where they'll compete with the four top qualifying teams from As Schools Match Wits, all vying for the top spot as High School Quiz Show's first-ever state champion!
Dhaya Lakshminarayanan, host of High School Quiz Show. Besides leading the action on our show, she's a business consultant, stand-up comedian, and a scholar herself, having earned two degrees from MIT.
Major production support for High School Quiz Show is provided by the University of Massachusetts. Series release date: 3/22/2010
- Program Description
The Bromfield School was founded in 1878 by Margaret Bromfield Blanchard. Let's see if the adage "older and wiser" holds true for this long-standing school's team when they meet up with...
Nipmuc Regional High School students receive 990 hours of instruction per year in core academic areas. Find out how those hours pay off in their competition against Amesbury on Monday, May 24.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Game Show
- Wells, Hillary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “High School Quiz Show; The Bromfield School (Harvard) vs. Nipmuc Regional H.S. (Upton),” 05/24/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5733644E95AE4ADA9EEFE647886F0418.
- MLA: “High School Quiz Show; The Bromfield School (Harvard) vs. Nipmuc Regional H.S. (Upton).” 05/24/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5733644E95AE4ADA9EEFE647886F0418>.
- APA: High School Quiz Show; The Bromfield School (Harvard) vs. Nipmuc Regional H.S. (Upton). Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_5733644E95AE4ADA9EEFE647886F0418