Ten O'Clock News; Julian Bond
Marcus Jones profiles Julian Bond. Jones notes that Bond was a lecturer at Harvard University last fall. Jones interviews Bond about his role in the Eyes on the Prize series and his involvement in the civil rights movement. Bond talks about his beginnings in the civil rights movement and about the 1968 Democratic Convention. Jones notes that Bond was nominated for vice president during that convention. Jones' report includes footage from the 1968 Democratic Convention and footage from Eyes on the Prize. Jones interviews Harvard students Carlos Watson and Natosha Reid about the class they took with Bond at Harvard. Jones' report also features footage of Bond in class with his students. This tape includes additional b-roll footage of Bond in class with his students. This edition of the Ten O'Clock News also included the following items: Banks agree to improve access to banking services in low-income neighborhoods Banks improve services to low-income neighborhoods Christopher Lydon interviews Sarah Small Sarah Small
- Ten O'Clock News
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Bond, Julian, 1940-
- Harvard University
- African Americans -- Politics and government
- Universities and colleges
- African Americans -- Civil rights
- Political conventions
- Democratic Party (U.S.)
- Cambridge (Mass.)
- News Report
- Bond, Julian, 1940- (Interviewee)
- Jones, Marcus (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Julian Bond,” 01/15/1990, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 23, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_56EB6A17CDE24415BB63F328859DD167.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Julian Bond.” 01/15/1990. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 23, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_56EB6A17CDE24415BB63F328859DD167>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Julian Bond. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_56EB6A17CDE24415BB63F328859DD167